Third Party Review
FCL’s proven expertise in design services, design-by-analysis and structural integrity assessment is brought together to provide an independent third party review capability. FCL’s independence from other engineering and financial organisations also enables the company to offer expert witness and arbitration services.
Third party review is undertaken by FCL in many different capacities such as:
- Review of pressure vessel design documents to confirm design code compliance
- Assessment of reports prepared using design-by-analysis methods to substantiate the design of components not covered by established design code rules
- Validation of design documentation prepared to support the sale of proprietary equipment and/or components
- Appraisal of safety cases prepared to substantiate design life of pressurised equipment
- Review of fabrication drawings on behalf of engineering contractors
FCL’s arbitration service can be valuable in circumstances where disputes arise between contractor and vendor concerning, for example, the fitness-for-purpose of supplied equipment. FCL’s arbitration service could culminate in the use of FCL staff as an expert witness in support of litigation.
Key staff are represented on relevant British Standards Institution (BSI) and European Committee for Standardisation (CEN) technical committees. In accordance with Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) recommendations, the continuous professional development of staff is enhanced by attendance at industry conferences, seminars and training courses.