FCL, an independent limited company within the Finglow Group, is focused on the provision of engineering consultancy services to those involved in the design, fabrication and safe operation of pressurised systems. Our relationship with other Finglow Group companies is depicted below.
FCL’s staff includes highly qualified engineers with the relevant in-depth practical, design and analytical expertise necessary to provide a valuable consultancy service. The combination of practical and analytical skills offered by FCL staff is regarded as a key contributor to the success of the company. Our objective is to provide a reliable and cost effective solutions without sacrificing the quality standards essential for pressurised equipment design and analysis work.
The principal activities of the company can be categorised into five specific areas but in many cases the solution provided relies on a combination of one or more of the services described.
FCL can provide:
- Design services: Mechanical design of pressure vessels, heat exchangers and storage tanks, thermal check rating of shell and tube heat exchangers and piping stress analysis
- Design-by-analysis: Design of components outside code limits using finite element stress and thermal analysis methods
- Structural integrity assessment: Re-rating of existing equipment, remanent life assessment, significance of structural defects
- Third Party review: Design appraisal, arbitration, expert witness
- Training: Courses in pressurised equipment design
FCL believe they can best meet their clients’ objectives by providing solutions that are:
- cost effective
FCL believe this is best achieved by:
- use of most appropriate methods
- providing complete solutions which do not leave the client to finish the job
- utilising the skills of appropriately experienced staff
- combining practical experience with analytical expertise
- operating a quality system where experience dictates the precautions taken
If your company is involved with pressurised equipment then FCL can help. We pride ourselves on the quality of the work undertaken and would be pleased to discuss your specific requirements in greater detail. Please feel free to contact us should this be of interest.